|Moldy doing a post-race burn out|
Practice and Race 1 Apathy
1. Couldn't be bothered fixing the electrical issues from 3 Sisters, (but thankfully our major sponsor S&M Motorcycles chief, Martin Strong came to the rescue - thanks a million Martin!!)
2. Couldn't be bothered changing the 3 Sisters gearing even though it was obvious it wouldn't work for Mallory (was revving out in top before exit of Gerrards in practice but couldn't be bothered changing it for race 1...)
3. Couldn't be bothered ringing Moldy to go up to Mallory in the van together, so we went seperately
|Flat out on the back straight at Mallory|
5. Race 1 results reflected the apathy with Longy finishing 3rd (gifted after Bob Chambers binned it a Edwinas) and Moldy finished further down - whatever that was - I'm too apathetic to look at the timesheet but he said he beat his best lap time - congrats Moldy.
6. What I did see though was a great battle up front - shame Bob binned it as he may have won the race...
Race 2 - Ecstacy!
Pete Scott somehow inspired Longy to try and get out of the apathy bunker and give it a go in Race 2.
- Gearing was changed to Mallory set up (thanks for the help from Banbury Police Force attending).
- Under-arm deodorant was sprayed on (thanks Bob Green for the loan - looks like race 2 was a cracker for you with Dan Bullin?!).
- The battery was charged (thanks Pete Stringer for loaning the Genny)
- The brakes were bled (thanks to Dan Bullin)
And all hell let loose...Every lap was elbow bashing, touching of bikes, cat and mouse overtaking and amazingly the final lap plan worked to take an outright win at the chequered flag - without a doubt, a CAREER BEST victory over the bigger bike.
|On the tank gassing it into the last lap for 1st spot...|
|Touching elbows and bikes nearly every lap...it went down to the wire...|
Moldy had a bit more of a parade lap race as he had gapped the bikes behind and in front to finish 4th 750 - BUT getting some good championship points to secure his current 3rd place overall.....come on Moldy!
Alec deserves a mention as he hit the grass on lap 1, then dusted himself off to carve through the field to finish 3rd. Nice one!
|Tight racing around Gerrards|
Anyway. Bit of a brief (apathetic) blog this one). In actual fact, according to Team S&M's calculations that could be the Earlystocks Championship sewn up now poor old Mucka Mad Myatt is still off with the 3 Sisters broken collar bone. When I get some energy I'll tot up the points.